Wednesday, May 31, 2017

13-Hour Days? Sure, Why Not?

Knew this was coming, partially because the scanning got so backed up, partially because this happened last season.  Yesterday (Tuesday) our room boss said that she was extending hours we could work.  Starting from Friday it was 7:30-5.  Now it's 7-6.  And assuming that they're still hellbent on sticking to their drop-dead date, those are going to be the maximum hours for a while, if not all the way till the end.  Actually, come to think of it, we had even more extended hours a couple days last year.

Working 10 1/2 hours is already a grind.  Hell, looking at papers for 10 1/2 minutes has been a struggle for me.  And I've been dragging ever since I started the night project.  Man, the 45-60 I drive from Bloomington to Plymouth, replete with afternoon rush traffic and relying on Waze to keep up my pace by cutting through side streets on the way to the other test scoring project -- it takes my soul.  And I'm not sleeping well nor enough at night, either.  I've been really tirangry the past few workdays, especially Tuesday, and that has been reflected by my really bad attitude.  Oof, I must be a handful to deal with at work!

So I react to this by decided that I will go to work at 7 this morning and, because I need to get to my night project in time, leave at 4:30, like I have been doing.  A nine-hour day, followed by an hour on the road, followed by another four hours at night?  Yeah, I think I can do it.  Hey, YOLO, right?  This should be over this week, when the night project should -- should -- finish up.  Hope I make it till then without harming myself or other people.

I should expound on this further, but let's just say that I have to make hay while the sun shines.  Meaning, I should go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment