Saturday, May 13, 2017

Addendum To: ZOMG! My BFF Just Totes Unfriended Me On Facebook!

While she un-/defriended me, she didn't block me.  So I thought about being snarky and Messengering her with something like, "Well, you may have unfriended me because of politics and because you couldn't take what you dished out, but I can say this will be the most tempestuous relationship I'll ever have on Facebook.  It's been real!  (kissing emoji)"  But I thought against it because I could have really incurred her wrath, or worse, get the Zuckerberg police on me.

So I decided to just Messenger someone else, the third person in this conversation that led to this chick's juvenile decision to ghost me.  He replied to me something that kind of shocked me: He said that after she defriended me, she made a racist comment towards me.  Well!

Seriously, this kind of bugs me.  I know that people say racist shit to someone to shut them up, and then they have power over that person.  But I have never been able to stand up, or at least react correctly, to those comments.  I hope to God she never knows my ... uh, fear.  But now that I know what she said about me, I'm glad I didn't re-engage with her.  I just blocked her, and I will square her away as "crazy bitch, possibly bigoted," and hopefully I'll never encounter the likes of her, or anyone like her, ever again on the Internet.  (Yeah, right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment