Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wrong Recipient, Goddammit

So there is this battle between my parents and this real estate agent in Las Vegas that I am now involved in even though I do not have all the information.  All I know is that I have been asked to write some communication because they can't speak English well enough to translate their problem.  Or something.

The latest incident happened just now.  They wanted me to e-mail some company about these documents that need to be dealt with.  Or something.  I knew that my folks (or at least My Father) is in an argument with one of these parties.  So I did ... only that I sent this e-mail to the wrong party, namely the party they explicitly didn't want to talk to.  The e-mail I don't think is provocative or would seem to be doing an end run around this party in particular, and I certainly didn't say anything nasty about this party.  But Jesus fucking Christ, this e-mail was not supposed to be seen by this person, and I just sent it to her.  I tried looking up "unsending e-mail" because I heard that's possible, but it was impossible and too late.

So now I'm scared that this party will know what "secrets" my parents are "hiding" by "going behind her back."  If this gets really bad, to the point of legal action, mistakenly sending this to her will be used against them.  And then I'll have to lie my way out of it -- "What!  I don't remember!  What are you talking about!"

This shit always happens.  My parents ask for my help because of my fluency in English, but I don't know the ins and outs of this certain situation, and I overlook something and this happens.  And then it's my fault.  Hate this.  Hate this all the damn time.

No comments:

Post a Comment