Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Seriously, $500?!

This has gotten ridiculous.

My parents have a dispute over someone regarding a house they wanted to buy, then didn't.  As part of the initial feeling-out process, they had to throw in a deposit to the title company that would be held in escrow.  At some point, for whatever reason (and I'm not going to even ask), my parents decided against it.  And so they wanted their deposit back.  It appears as though they had done everything right in order to get it back.  But let's just say there has been some dispute over that.

Finally, we (well, actually I on behalf of My Father) reached out to the seller's reps and asked for it back.  They came back with an offer to split the deposit in order to be done with it.  My Father wanted the week I was in Hong Kong to think about it.

After thinking about it Sunday night and asking Mother Monday morning, he came up with a counter-proposal: How about instead of 50/50, we take two-thirds and then one-third?  They actually have asked me to e-mail them asking for what amounts to an extra $500.

Jesus friggin' Christ, why?

My God, I'm going to do it.  I was supposed to e-mail them earlier tonight, but I passed out -- most likely due to exhaustion, but it might be because I was so fucking blown away by the audacity and pettiness of this request.  I can't believe they're going to quibble with such a puny amount of money.  But yep, this is what I'm going to do once I blog post this.

Seriously, $500?

No comments:

Post a Comment