Saturday, July 1, 2017

OK, so my brother, sister and I are leaving for Hong Kong in a few days, and we've been on WhatsApp planning and coordinating.  So my brother gives a recommendation on where we can eat that night after the cremation.  I don't know if he's been to Hong Kong lately; the three of us went there in 1994, and I know my sister has been there a couple times to see Grandmother, but my brother?  I don't think so.

Anyway, on WhatsApp just now he gives a name of this seafood place I never heard of.  I said as much.  And so he says, "Look it up," and that's something my brother has always said, and it's always pissed me off.  So I defy him, texting back, "No.  Instead I'll trust you," and that is a passive-aggressive way of telling him to stop pissing me off, but I really don't care where we eat that night, I'll probably be too broken up from saying goodbye to Grandmother to give a shit or to even eat.  But now that I think about it, maybe that just pissed him off.  Well, if that's the case then this takes us back to when we fought bitterly as brothers.

(sigh) You'd think that with so much time away from each other, only coming together for a sad occasion such as this, dumb arguments like this wouldn't crop up.  I don't know -- maybe it's me, maybe it's him, maybe it's both of us.  Water under the bridge, hopefully?

No comments:

Post a Comment