Saturday, July 22, 2017

Avoiding My Asshole Brother For A Second Weekend (Scheduled Post)

For the second consecutive Saturday (which is a rarity -- more on that in a second), My Asshole Brother and my sister-in-law and my niece are coming over today/Saturday, and this time it appears as though they're having dinner -- ribs and everything.  When Father serves ribs, it's fancy.

But I will not be there.  For the second consecutive Saturday I will avoid My Asshole Brother.  My main reason, of course, is that I don't want to see the bullying motherfucker.  But unlike last Saturday, where I tried my best to stay away while they were at the house, this time I actually have a good reason to be gone.  I am busy getting ready for Sunday's party, and then I have the United match in the afternoon.  Sure, I could go back, but the earliest I would be back is 6, and by then they'll probably be done eating, and I still need to eat dinner, and so it's just best if I just stay out for dinner.  So it's half an excuse, if anything.

All this time away from My Asshole Brother makes me concerned about my relationship with my niece.  I swear I blogged about him turning my niece against me, and if I know him (and I do) he's doing it right now.  And unfortunately he has my absences to use against me -- "See, he's not here because he doesn't love you."  And I hate that bullshit manipulation; if I want to see her, I have to put up with him.

So of course the ball's in my court.  And you know, I don't regret not being there.  In fact, if they're dropping by next Saturday, I won't be at home, either; have to attend my friend's musical in the afternoon, then attend the United match in the evening.  Still think it's best to stay away from toxic people, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment