Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Comedown

OK, it's been three days, and even though I subconsciously feel like I have to "break free" from the event, I know that there are still a few things I have to do, so I'm still in some kind of an "on" mode, even though I am coming down.  Does that make any sense?

I'm still not done.  Mostly it's social media stuff, such as writing stuff and uploading photos.  But I'm so damn tired that it's kind of a slog.

Nevertheless I think the event went really well.  With so many people, all I had to do was not act rude and just let the people mingle and have fun.  By doing nothing (I think), everybody had a great time.  And there were a lot of people there; probably the second-highest turnout for our annual event.  Having a lot of people there helps a lot.

Still, I think I screwed up in a couple places.  One parent asked me a question I had no idea how to answer; when I said I didn't know, I got the feeling he was disappointed in me.  And then I forgot to ask anybody if they wanted to host this next year.  That was a huge mistake, because I need to know right now if anybody can do this next year, and as weird as this sounds, I need to line this up now.

Yeah, I don't want to abdicate my duties, but I feel like I want to run away from this as far away as I can, even though it was a rousing success.

No comments:

Post a Comment