Friday, July 21, 2017

Addendum To: Four Days And Now I Am Just Pissed

Well, while I was at the United match I saw that the host did get back to me, and did so the night before.  I was worried sick that she was going to chew me out for "hounding" her or some shit like that.  But she didn't -- she just wanted to set up a time for me to canvas her place and she wanted a head count.  That's all.  So I gave her both.

That was late Wednesday night.  As of press time, I haven't heard back.  And you know what?  I'm not worried.  Uh, not really.  Hey, in my e-mail I said that if she needs anything important -- you know, food, drinks, tables, stuff like that -- let me know.  I will assume that since she did not frantically e-mail me back -- "I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO GET ALL THAT STUFF!!!" -- she has taken care of all of that.

Right?

I still need to visit her because, as President, I need to know where the hell I'm going.  But I have to tell you that the pounding heart and aching chest I felt the first part of this week is completely gone, even though all our ducks aren't in a row yet.  Why?  Because my initial ennui over the host not communicating back to me is gone.  Yep, with one terse message, all my anxiety evaporated.  Doesn't matter that maybe I should have some anxiety precisely because all our ducks aren't in a row yet.  Besides, I've done all I could!

If I don't hear from her, I'll text her lunchtime today.  I kind of need to make sure I see her house before the event begins or I'll go back to freaking the fuck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment