Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Four Days And Now I'm Just Pissed

OK, so on Monday I resorted to texting the host of the party I'm, uh, hosting because I was kind of miffed that she hadn't responded to my e-mail last week.  I mean, can't you just reply?  Seriously!

I shouldn't have expected an immediate reply, but after she stonewalled me last week, every minute my text wasn't being answered I was grinding my teeth.  I don't think I'm being overbearing or dramatic when I ask someone to reply to my communications with some alacrity.  Anyway, after a while I did get a text from her.  She claims she did not see it yet.  She also said she was at the Twins game.  She said she will check her e-mail once she gets home.  OK.

I have yet to hear from her.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just been two days, but there are four fucking days before The Biggest Event On The Club's Calendar, and I have no goddamn clue if she's fucking ready.  Does she know, for example, that there are at least 34 people coming to the event?  Will there be enough food and drinks?  How about decorations?  Maybe she wants some balloons?  And the cake ... we need a specially-designed cake, and I don't know if she has even begun to think about that.

And to top it all off, I'm paying for all of it.  I'm going to foot the bill ... and I have no fucking clue if there's gonna be food at this party.  Hell, I don't even know where this house is.  I know the address, and I want to drop by to just know where the fuck everything is.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to start setting up all the free stuff we're supposed to give away before the big day; does she know that we need a table for all this stuff?  That was the reason I contacted her last week -- to set up a time so I can go through, one final time, what's going to happen.  We haven't even done that.  For all I know, she thinks I'm setting up everything.  Oh, if that's the case, she's in for one fucking hell of a surprise.

If I don't hear from her by this afternoon, goddamn, I'm going to have to talk to her by phone.  And if I get voicemail, I'll start calling her repeatedly Thursday.  And I won't be so nice and deferential at that point.  I'm going to start ripping her fucking head off.  I mean it.  I can't even, I can't fucking even. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment