Monday, July 10, 2017

Expenses Without Receipt

OK, starting from Sunday, July 9:
  • Actually we start on Saturday, July 8.  Still am sticking with my policy of not putting in this EWR anything I spent in Hong Kong because the conversion is too complicated.  But I did get a white chocolate mocha from Seattle's Best at the airport in Seattle-Tacoma on my way back home.  Did you know that Seattle's Best is now owned by Starbucks?  Friend told me that a long time ago.  With tip: $5.79
  • Tuesday, Independence Day ... on my way to Hong Kong I went to Ivar's Seafood Bar at SEATAC, a place recommended here.  I got everything the article recommended through a combo, and with the tax the damn total price ended with, like, four cents, and I put all my change into a purse I threw into my bag because I didn't want to deal with taking my coins out of my pants when going through security.  But I didn't know exactly where the pouch was.  After about 15 seconds the checkout person just told me, "Forget it."  I kind of thought she might say that, but I thank her nevertheless.  Total: $17.
  • Monday, July 3: Actually told the truth; told my parents today that I didn't have to work.  Went to Caribou to get a dollar off a large drink.  With mini-cookie and tip: $6.55.
  • On Sunday, July 2 I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  Hadn't been there in a while, and with Grandmother's death I wasn't in a festive occasion.  But I didn't want to be such a stranger that people start to wonder about me, so I popped my head in for an hour.  Madison was there and she worked me over for a lapdance.  Again.  With tips for only two of the girls there (all the strippers working nowadays are new!) and coffee and the total came out to: $27.75.
  • Now we go all the way back to Thursday, June 29, where I started off my day at the combo Caribou/Einstein for a bagel and mocha.  With tip: $8.32.
  • After the study at the U., then going down south to pick up a watch from this chick on the side, I went to Cupcake at the Megamall for a cupcake, which I haven't had in a long time.  Great place, still wonder how they're still in business.  With tip: $3.25.
  • On Wednesday the 28th -- uh, I was really busy.  Kind of happens when you have time off.  Started my day at the Starbucks close to my shrink's.  Mocha plus tip: $5.02.
  • I confessed to my psychiatrist that I was driving down to see ****e to get blown by her.  Did not know she was willing to have unprotected sex too, woo-hoo!  Guess I no longer had to be afraid of not being able to cum without jerking myself off!  Didn't like her reaching for the money while she was telling me how to work her remote control, though.  Total: $120.
  • Oh, after that I had to go to the library to look one more time to see if I should change my flight to get a cheaper flight.  Didn't.  Did print out an invoice and coupon, though: 40 cents.
  • Tuesday, June 27 -- first day off in a long time.  Started off at Caribou, where I could get some at a rock bottom price (I got a chocolate croissant) if I bought a large drink (I got a mocha).  Minus trivia and with tip it cost: $6.09.
  • I then went to Lisa's in downtown to finally get my Docs shined for the first time in, oh, about ten months.  Last time she said that she wanted to use her own shoe polish instead of the Doc's ones I bought and bring with me because the combination of the Dubbin' and polish don't give my boots the shine Lisa thinks her polish would.  I acceded to her wishes and showed up with just my shoes on.  Her polish did give it some shine and I think they're protecting them just fine.  So I said I would alternate bringing my stuff and using her stuff from now on.  Fair trade.  I did not have a whole lot of small bills with me, however, so I left a tip that I know is much smaller than what I usually give.  A total of: $10.
  • I then had to burn rubber to get to the theater to watch Pirates Of The Caribbean 5, the latest sequel in what has become to be a tired exercise in revenue-generating for the Disney Company.  It wasn't good, and I suspected that the events in this movie contradicts what happened in the overall narrative of the POTC "universe" established (supposedly) in past films.  Also, it wasn't that exciting.  But hey, it was great to see Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley back.  I wonder how much money it took to bring back Knightley, especially considering she didn't have to talk at all.  Grade: Uh, C, and that might be being generous.  Total for ticket, popcorn and pop: $9.64.
  • On Monday the 26th we finished the project a few hours early, so I spent the rest of the afternoon at a place close to the test scoring place called the Sunshine Factory.  I don't know how long it's been around, but I'm astounded that there is a restaurant called the Sunshine Factory and that it hasn't closed down in the year since I last went there.  Hey, more power to them.  And I love their generous Happy Hour, where I could get a burger (I got their version of the Jucy Lucy) for an unbeatable price.  With beer and tip it all cost me just: $9.60.
  • On Sunday, June 25 I started off at Caffetto.  Wanted to wean myself off of caffeine, so I got a hot chocolate.  With tip: $3.50.
  • This was the day where I was going to go to the nursing home and break the news to Grandmother's best friend that she died.  To get myself ready, I decided to have lunch, but I didn't know where.  I decided I was going to just drive around and find the first fast food place I see.  I saw a Subway, but when I crossed the mall area where the Cub Foods was close by, I saw a little food truck that was set up right in front of it.  It was a charity truck, where members of the Bloomington Jefferson cheerleading squad was selling hot dogs and stuff to raise money.  Seemed like fate I would eat there for lunch.  Hot dog, chips, Coke and donation: $3.25.
  • After coming back from breaking the news to her (she started to cry, but then she moved on to other things, so I don't know if her short-term memory is bad), I went to Great Clips.  As of Sunday I did not know the funeral arrangements (Grandmother's grandson told me the next day, Monday), but I wanted to get my hair cut just in case I could go.  Turned out it was the right move.  Had a coupon, so with tip it came out to be: $15.
  • Back on Saturday the 24th I went to Klein Bank.  Back when my parents still had The Store, Mother made me open up an account there in order to avoid fees on transactions with vendors.  There's still money in it, so I have to keep depositing money in it to keep it active.  Except it had become inactive when I went there.  Had to fill out a form (the account's in my name) in order to reactive it.  OK.  I only put in: $1.
  • Went to the library to print out invoices I needed to make for my folks.  Total: 40 cents.
  • Went to the United game that evening.  Last win (as of press time) for that team.  Hot dog and Redd's: $14.50.
  • Finished the night at Glam Doll, the new one close by TCF Bank Stadium and my house.  Got two donuts (both flecked in Pride colors because it was Pride Weekend) and chased it down with a beer, Insight's Banshee Cutter.  Should you pair beer with donuts?  With tip: $11.75.
I'm good through July 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment