Tuesday, September 18, 2018

That One "Friend" Who Stresses Me The Fuck Out

So I know a guy -- I hesitate to call him a friend -- who I sometimes get into an argument with on Facebook over things.  Usually it's politics: He's a raving Republican lunatic, and I'm ... left of center.  He's the type of dude who makes his points forcefully.  In fact, in my opinion, he tiptoes on the line between being very passionate about his viewpoints and being downright crazy.

This argument, however, concerns our alma mater.  After they got the shit kick out of them Saturday night, I posted on Facebook how the team isn't very good and our quarterback isn't the answer.  Should have known that this ... oh, "frenemy" will weigh on this issue and disagree with me.  We have gone back-and-forth about this issue, but frankly, since this began on Saturday, he has stated his viewpoints extremely aggressively.  He's getting to be rude about it, too.

The defect in both of us is that we can't let this go.  We both need to get the last word.  So after he says something, I try to let several hours pass before I respond to him.  Honestly, it's because I want him to stop replying while I get the last word.  He last responded Sunday afternoon.  I wait until Sunday evening to reply, hoping that will be the end of it.  And after I run around all day, thinking I'm actually, well, free of this argument, I see on my Timeline that he responded to me.  And it's stressing me the hell out because he is bound to say something that is borderline cheap, and yet I know that I need to come back against him.

So, for right now, I'm choosing not to even look at what he said until I can respond appropriately -- forcefully, if I have to -- and that won't come until this evening.  I hope to Buddha that this doesn't stress me out during the day, because I have to be the one who's right about this while shutting him the fuck down.

Man, I like getting into arguments.  But not in the way he frames them.  Typical Republican, flying off the handle.  Damn, t's incredibly frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment