Thursday, September 27, 2018

Just In Case The Job Goes South

At the end of every day, I go through at least 65 e-mails.  Most of them are from job want ads.  I signed up to so many of these while I was inbetween jobs, casting about like a thrashing fish on dry land, trying to land my next temp job.

So, since I have a full-time job, I should start unsubscribing to them, right?  I mean, I don't need them, and if I unsubscribe it will greatly cut down on the now-junk e-mails I have to go through.

So why don't I?  Inertia and ... well, let's face it: If the job goes south, and I either quit or get fired, I'll need these job postings again.  At work yesterday I was given an e-mail warning me about my lack of production.  My supervisor thought it was because I was on my software too long (it times my work while I'm in it), but it may be because I'm too slow.  I mean, I'm two-thirds through my "probation" period.  If I'm not fast enough by now. ...

Maybe I'll compromise and just unsubscribe to, like, half of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment