Saturday, September 8, 2018

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Friday, September 7:
  • I needed to go to the library.  I don't remember if I had blogged about winning some free appetizers from Hooters for predicting enough World Cup matches and picks right.  If I didn't, I'll let you know that I predicted enough World Cup matches and picks right that I won two different apps.  But I was waiting after the WC to get them, and I didn't get them.  The Official Rules said to contact your local Hooters, so I did, and after confessing that they have no idea what was going on (I'm skeptical about that, and if that were true, I have no idea how they did not know what they winners get in a contest they were advertising on their table tents), a manager called me up and said that they were giving me a $25 gift certificate.  And then, out of the blue, early this week Hooters e-mails me two coupons, each for a free appetizer, for winning both the group and the knockout stages out of everyone competing at Hooters MOA.  I was afraid of getting no free coupons, and now I have one extra.  OK.  I printed those out because I'm sure I'm going to be using one very soon.  And I printed out a United FC ticket because I know I won't be going to the game and need to sell it.  Total: 30 cents.
  • Went to the Gopher soccer match in the evening.  Actually thought the game against North Dakota St. was Thursday, not Friday.  I have more to talk about in the WMNSS.  Hot dog, medium Coke and program, which has been shrunk from a folding one to a single sheet: $11.50.
  • Even though I am working the Vikings game this weekend, I decided to get not one but two cups of coffee this Friday evening.  First I went to Wesley Andrews, the hoity-toity coffee place close to Eat Street.  You should see the cup and carafe I got my pour-over coffee in.  It's sweet, and even though it's expensive, I thought for presentation alone the price would be more than it actually was.  With tip: $4.89.
  • I then went to Glam Doll around the corner.  Admit that I may have spent a bit too much, but the shop was rolling out new donuts, and I tried one that was four bucks and one that was three.  With another pour-over coffee and tip it all came out to: $13.66.
  • Still don't have a whole lot of money in my checking account, so I've been still charging my expenses for the most part.  But I didn't on Tuesday the 4th -- well, at least when it came to tipping for my way-overdue shave at Moler.  The cost of a shave has gone up a buck, to six, but my tip is still the same amount: $4.
  • Monday the 3rd, aka Labor Day -- last day of the Fair, and before and after my stint at the Mensa table, I balled out.  Finally got that Elote (corn roast with Mexican toppings) and two different State Fair beers (Passionfruit Pils and Two To Mango, Three To Tango) before my volunteer time and, uh, maybe I shouldn't have shown up drunk.  (At least I got a Holy Land lemonade to ease my way back on my way to the table.)  Afterwards I finally found Giggles to get Walleye Cakes, waited in line for that obscene Rainbow Cloud Roll with Superman ice cream, and a Rhubarb Blueberry Cobbler from the Farmers Union on way out the door for the final time at #mnstatefair2018.  Total, regretless damage (including tip for the second beer): $50.25.
  • Went to the Fair Sunday the 2nd also because I was volunteering at Mensa then, too.  It was the morning shift, so I was able to partake in the new breakfast options: The All-Day Breakfast Nordic Waffle and the Nitro Cold Brew from Anchor.  After Mensa I got the Manny's Tortas Pina Colada and did the Sweet Martha's/All-You-Can-Drink milk combo, which I think I skipped last year.  Total: $30.
  • Since my folks are not here, I went out to Caffetto to work on my computer at night.  Apple pie, small coffee and tip: $6.
  • To Friday, August 31, where the only EWR I have actually is an Infusion.  I signed up for a sizing study because it was on the way to where I needed to go to the doctor's.  I had to wear this skimpy underwear and stand and sit while making positions with my arms and hands.  It was weird, but at least I got to keep the underwear.  In fact, I'm wearing it right now.  Oh, and I made money, too, an Infusion of: $25.
  • Wednesday the 29th ... second time at the State Fair.  Got the Up North Pasty, a grilled peach, the Helles Ya, You Betcha beer, another Farmers Union BLT and the Ultimate Minneapple pie.  Man, I gorged myself at the Fair this year: $40.25.
  • OK ... Friday, August 24 ... I went to a party because it was high time I got a BJ from ****e.  It'd been a long time, and she was still fantastic as always.  Also got a lapper from an Autumn, who works at My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version).  Whipped it out on her, which, frankly, felt good because I don't think I blindsided any new stripper with my cock yet this year.  I think she's down; I'll try and get her to a bed next week, maybe.  With cover and the goddamn bed fee (maybe I won't see ****e all that soon): $175.
  • I needed to pay for this, of course, so before going to the party I pulled out some cash from the ATM.  But I lost the receipts.  I think I lost them at the party, so I have to mark down these here as EWRs.  And I actually withdrew twice because I only took out $60 the first time.  Took out another $120 after that, so it's a total Infusion of: $180.
  • Thursday the 23rd was the opening day of the State Fair.  Got the following: a BLT and strawberry-basil lemonade from the Farmers Union (even though I waited 15 minutes for that BLT, not because they were out but because they forgot to give me one; the one I got was sitting under a damn heat lamp, so that's why I got a second one); finally a Swedish egg coffee; corn, the Sociable Black Currant ale (very good and distinctive); and cheese curds.  I spent a ton of money at The Great Minnesota Get-Together, and I don't mind injecting my own money back into the state economy one bit: $34.75.
  • Wednesday, August 22 was the final of Da Beauty League.  Not a bad idea.  Hopefully it'll get more people to come over the years; Braemar Arena was, I think, 60% full.  Ticket, hot dog, large Pepsi, and a small order of mini-donuts come out to: $19.
  • On Tuesday the 21st I went all the way to the theater at the Megamall for the back half of my personal double feature, Equalizer 2, aka The Sequelizer.  (I put everything for the first film, Ant-Man 2, on my credit card.)  Didn't know this was Denzel Washington's first-ever sequel, and he is at his Denzeliest here.  There is a speech that basically defines his roles in film, and it's a good speech, almost as good as Liam Neeson's in Taken.  The rest of the film?  Meh.  I don't get why he threatened his mentee; the kid knows about death, too.  I think I have the receipt for the pizza and Coke, so this EWR is for the ticket only: $5.40.
  • On Sunday the 19th I went to The Local, first for EPL and then for the All-Ireland hurling final.  This is the first time I have ever seen hurling and ... not bad.  But because it's a sporting event with a very loyal but small following from the local Irish ex-pat crowd, I had to pay a cover, even though that covered a huge breakfast buffet.  Maybe I'll do it again: $20.
  • In the afternoon I went to the Northeast Brewers' Block Party at Sociable Cider Werks, a brewery I've wanted to go to for some time.  Wouldn't mind doing it again.  Cover, donation, their Road Rash cider, a pork dish from the Cafe Racer truck and tips, and it all came out to: $23.
  • In the evening I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition).  Got an LD from Cicily.  With tips and coffee: $32.
  • After that I went to Caffetto for a key lime pie and a small dark roast.  With tip: $6.
  • Thursday, August 16: My friend got comp tickets for the Twins game vs. Detroit that evening.  Wish I talked to him and his two buddies more, but I was too wrapped out scoring the game to chit-chat.  I decided to ball out and, instead of just a hot dog, got a cheesy brat from Kramarczuk's and a Bud Light Lime.  Oh, and I tipped one of those guys who drum on those white plastic pails outside of the ballpark.  Total: $19.50.
  • After the game, went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  Tips, coffee and a lap dance from Ashlee: $32.
  • To Wednesday the 15th, where I had the time to take in a tripleheader from Da Beauty League.  Ticket, program, a Braemer Brat and Coke cost me: $19.
  • And on Sunday, August 12 I found a penny at ... Caffetto, I guess?  An Infusion of: 1 cent.
Good through September 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment