Monday, September 17, 2018

Bullshit You Can't Track Me Without My Card!

OK, so I was at The Local this afternoon taking in some EPL (and, it turns out, some Serie A and La Liga, too).  I was there because on Sundays and Mondays you can get a burger, fries (or a salad) and a beer for ten bucks plus tax, so long as you are part of their club, of which I am a member.  But I forgot it this morning.

I swear this happened once before, forgetting my card.  I told the bartender and he, at least theoretically, was able to look me up.  But the waitress I got, after I told her I forgot my card, and after she asked if I have the app (I don't -- gotta get that new Apple iPhone, stat!), told me that she could not give me that meal.

Bullshit.  I call bullshit.  That bartender was able to.  And besides, it's 2018.  You mean to tell me you can't look me up with my phone number or my e-mail?  What kind of hackneyed IT system do you have?  Sheesh.

Look, I couldn't just walk out of there.  But if my food wasn't going to get tracked, I wasn't going to buy any food.  So I nursed a Strongbow the whole match and left.

Man, I'm sorry I forgot my card.  Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment