Saturday, September 29, 2018

The Fuck You Say To Me, Two-Face?

Oh.  My.  God.  I cannot believe what happened yesterday/Friday.  I'm still aghast by this blindside, and I don't know how the fuck to deal with it.

So I'm at work, right?  And I had this difficult folder to look through.  There were, like, 15 problems with it, and for some goddamn reason they weren't in the order that they were on the computer.  And, OK, maybe I was spacing out there for a little bit, but I was listening to Stephanie Miller talk about the Kavanaugh hearings and I was riveted.  American democracy is at stake!

So I finally got done with that beast of a folder and put it aside.  This woman who sits next to me for yesterday, someone who was really nice and even sweet to me as I've gone through training, a woman who brought carrot cake for all of us to eat last week and was fucking delicious ... this woman, out of the blue, who took some of the folders that were piling up behind this folder I had to go through, said, "That took you 15 minutes."

Excuse me?  EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?!  Are you critiquing my work?  Why the fuck are you criticizing me?  First of all, I had problems with the fucking batch, OK?  And second of all: Why the hell are you timing my work when you have your own shit you need to deal with?  You know, I don't want to say this, but I have to defend myself: Fuck you, and mind your own goddamn business.

I was shellshocked at what she said, totally gobsmacked.  And once I finally got up the courage to ask her -- really, to confront her -- by what exactly she meant by that snide, passive-aggressive, Minnesotan comment, she did something that really pisses me off: She gave me the silent treatment.  She goddamn well knew that I was in her peripheral vision and demanded her attention, but nope, she she just kept peck-peck-pecking, probably to make a better example for me, something to strive for.

I don't know where to begin, and since I'm kind of sick and delirious, maybe I shouldn't elaborate.  But this I will say this: Even though I discussed this with my friend I met for dinner last (Friday) night, I think I got her tone loud and clear.  I really, really resent being ignored after she insulted me so snidely.  I hate that she was living it up with the other co-worker but was absolutely rude to me.  I thanked her for picking up my stuff, but she didn't reply, not even a "You're welcome."  Seriously, what the fuck is a matter with you?  And the silent treatment ... oh, there are ways I can get your goddamn attention if you fuck with me like this.  Oh, and I am so angry by how she treated me.

Like I said before, this is what I was afraid of when I signed up for a full-time job: The assholes you meet at work or the same assholes you will say every fucking day for the rest of your life.  What the hell do you do then?

I'm still trying to work this out, OK?  I don't need to be judged, especially by someone who is in no position to judge me.  Go fuck yourself.

Obviously I'm dead to her.  So fuck it, she's dead to me.  I'm not going to stand for this juvenile bullshit.  This ain't junior high school, scurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment