Sunday, September 23, 2018

Might Run Into That Punk-Ass Concessionaire Kid Again

Two weeks ago I was working the Vikings game.  Sometimes the bathrooms around the truck compound are all being used at the same time, which absolutely sucks.

So I was going around this one afternoon being deprived of the use of a sink to wash my hands because of all the locked doors.  So I go to this one that has a lock that shows whether or not it's unlocked.  This one was not locked.  So I go in ... and see this dude trying to fix his contact lens.  "Whoops.  Sorry.  Maybe I should've locked the door."  Yeah kid, maybe you should have.  Thank God you weren't taking a shit.

So I go and wait just outside the door.  Two, three minutes and he isn't leaving.  Then, like a bat out of hell, two concessionaire workers, both girls of high school age, come walking toward the door.  Then as one of them stops right in front of the door, like me, the other just fucking bursts through it -- remember that the dude inside didn't lock the door.  However, it just so happens that he was about to leave the bathroom, and it also just so happens that they know each other.  They have a quick conversation ... and he leaves the bathroom so she can use it.

Fuck both of you in the ass.  At this point I am apoplectic.  This young bitch had to have seen me waiting outside the bathroom and take it as a sign that, you know, I'm waiting to use the fucking bathroom.  But no, she doesn't give a fuck, she cuts in front of me and barges in, and she is so goddamn lucky that the guy using it was on his way out.  Unbelievable!

I am furious.  And since she was in there for a bit, I thought about what I would do.  Did I calm myself down?  Hell no!  As soon as she opened the door -- completely ignoring my presence, again -- I, uh, made my presence known.  Before she could step through the threshold, I step in, almost block her path, and with my left arm shove her aside.  I may have even grabbed her shoulder.  I may be vague or even incorrect on the details, but you know what?  I don't give a fuck.  She was rude enough to cut in front of me, I think I can be rude back to her.  My goodness, my blood pressure is going through the roof as I try to imagine that scene all over again.

I am not sure if I saw her after I got done washing my hands.  I did run through a gaggle of girls wearing the white shirts and black pants of concession workers, and there were enough brunettes where it was possible that one of them was the person who was so rude to me, but I wasn't sure.  Nevertheless, after I confidently walked by them, I hid behind the trucks and coaches as I worked on my computer.  I'm not backing down, but I'm not stupid.

So that was two weeks ago.  And I will be working today's Vikings game.  I wonder if I'll run into her.  I wonder if she remembers me.  I wonder if she'll be rude to me again.  And I wonder if I'll have to defend myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment