Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A Way Out

Look, I like all the people there -- well, most of them -- and I'm starting to get my tasks right, which is no small feat.  But I've got to tell you, waking up at 5:30 in the morning is getting to be a pain in the ass.  I mean, am I a farmer?  I really don't know if this is something I can keep up.

It's for that reason that yesterday I returned a call from someone from the temp agency.  They left a voicemail saying there was an opportunity.  Now, I wasn't going to take it -- unless it was full-time and paid, like, $25 an hour -- but when I left a message for her, I explicitly said that while I do have a job now, I wouldn't mind keeping in touch.

Does that sound bad?  I don't think so.  I'm keeping my options open, especially in case something at work changes to something I cannot accept.  Maybe it doesn't really matter; I can just ring them up again if I decide to quit.  But I didn't really want to burn my contact with the agency, even if she is someone whom I have never spoken to before.  You never know what's gonna happen with your current job, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment