Thursday, October 11, 2018

The Ghost Alum

I was pressed to think up something to blog about, but after logging into Facebook, I have it.

There's this one dude who's a part of our alumni chapter's Facebook page who, after I post an Event page for our game-watching events or anything else we do, accepts.  Every single time.  But he has yet to come to anything the club holds.  Every single time.

I have never met the man.  Besides being an alum -- or so he says -- I have no connection to him whatsoever.  And yet he, without fail, continues to say he's going to watch with us, or help us out here, or attend this party.  And then he doesn't even show up.

I am the only person moderating the group, and I think I draw a fairly strict line when it comes to adding people.  And so I wonder how in the hell did I let this ... ghost?  Charlatan? ... into the group when all he does is say he'll come to things and doesn't.  It's an oversight I am not particularly proud of.

Who in the eff is he?  I have half a mind to boot him out of the group.  That way we'll see if he's just some weird troll catfishing me, or if he really is a flesh-and-bones human being and he'll attempt to explain what exactly he's doing.  This was already weird.  Now, frankly, it's getting irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment