Sunday, October 7, 2018

Addendum To: I'm Actually Supposed To Like The Fall ...

So yesterday after work I came down with a vicious cough.  A phlegm-expelling cough, or one that at least tried to expel phlegm.  And dammit, until I got into my room and the house started heating back up, that's all I did -- cough.

I don't know what it is.  Allergies, as far as I know, are low.  I think I've been dealing with my runny nose, but obviously if I have snot down my throat, it's not totally gone.  And where in the hell did that snot come from?  I was trying to cough it out of my system, but whenever I breathed in it felt as though the air was passing some mass of phlegm that was attached to the side of my trachea like a free rock climber.  It's dry outside -- is it? -- but does that mean I suddenly get a coughing attack?

Once again, I insist that fall is my favorite season.  And yet my miserable health right now should force me to reconsider.  Sheesh.  And now I have to mow the lawn; hopefully I can without collapsing into a coughing fit on the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment