Saturday, October 13, 2018

Expenses Without Receipt

OK, I am actually going to do this with more frequency.  Well, at least this one.

Starting from Friday, October 12:
  • I was going to a stripper party, but then I was told I was going to have to pay cover when I thought I could just waltz in there for free.  I have to stick by my principles, so I didn't go because I didn't get what I was promised.  Instead, I decided to take a stab at going to the U. volleyball match.  I actually thought I would be denied because they have been getting massive crowds this year and I was turned away for the Wisconsin game.  But I was able to get in -- after being issued a paper student ticket -- and even though the Pavilion was packed, it wasn't packed packed, like I thought it would be.  That is weird; even though Illinois may not have the name brand like the Badgers or Penn St., Illinois is ranked seventh and the Gophers third.  This is a Top 10 match-up.  Or, was; the Gophers swept the Illini.  Anyway, a hot dog (whose condiments were shunted off to just one single table at the far end of the arena), medium Coke and program came out to just: $11.50.
  • I then went to Glam Doll.  Thought I would go to the one in Nordeast, but after only finding a meter that is enforced through 10 (I got there a bit past 9), I decided I would drive all the way down to the one on Eat Street because I can park on the street for free.  The dude gave me my second donut for free.  So two donuts, pourover coffee and tips for everything (including that second donut) totals: $9.29.
  • On Thursday the 11th I went to the library to print out Arby's coupons.  Arby's may be the only restaurant that 1) gives out coupons and 2) allows you print coupons from e-mails instead of scan them through its app.  Thank Buddha for Arby's!  Total for two coupons: 20 cents.
  • Tuesday, October 9 ... late in the evening I went to my alumni club's watering hole to let management know what time we're dropping in for that week's game.  Ate a late dinner, too.  With tip: $17.
  • After that I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition).  Got a dance from Willow, a really cute girl I've wanted an LD from for some time.  With tips and Sprite: $30.
  • We take it back-back-back to Monday the 8th, where Ginger came around to clean the house.  You know, I'm not convinced it's a major thing to take care of, but I've got to say, her words the last time she cleaned my house, where she says the house needed to be dusted because it's sort of a health hazard otherwise, stuck in my brain.  And ever since she cleaned it, I've been able to breathe a bit better.  I'm still hacking up a storm, but I don't think it's from any dust in the house.  She charged me six hours' worth of work even though she was there for seven: $180.
  • On Sunday, October 7 I went to the Rival House in the Doubletree in St. Paul to, supposedly, watch a streaming of a game of the Whitecaps, Minnesota's NWHL expansion team.  But, like I said in a previous blog post, I couldn't because that contest overlapped with the Vikings game that was going to be on a bit after the Whitecaps' game started.  Oh, well.  I stayed around to eat a pizza and have a beer.  Don't think I'd go out of my way, but I went on a Sunday, when parking meters in St. Paul are not enforced.  With tip: $18.
  • Friday the 5th ... went to a play in south Minneapolis that was written by someone who went to my alma mater.  It is the third play of hers I've seen.  West Of Central is really good -- a hard-boiled detective story mixed in with husband-and-wife repartee a la The Thin Man and the historic reality of redlining.  Better yet, for the entire run of this play (which ends Sunday), each ticket is pay-what-you-want.  I guess I could have lowballed them and paid the minimum of five bucks, but for the sake of the fragile state of theatre, I doubled that: $10.
  • Went to Glam Doll Eat Street after the play.  With tip: $9.50.
Caught up through October 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment