Friday, October 26, 2018

The Loneliest Place In The World Is Your Bed When You Can't Sleep

I think I've been up since 3:45 -- and if not, I think I've been up since some time in the Second Quarter of the Thursday night football game.  I've been trying to sleep, dying to sleep, but goddammit, today ... it just wasn't happening.  The coughing, the aches (especially in my head now). ...

I don't remember thrashing about like this as much as I did overnight.  And it got so bad that I've had these weird dreams where ... you know, maybe I was asleep and I didn't know it?  I had this dream where I was back at work and doing files and. ...  Maybe it's just my imagination, which is something that gets away from you when you're desperate to fall asleep but can't.

Goddammit, I don't know how I'm going to make it through today.  I just need some sleep -- some glorious, peaceful sleep.  Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment