Friday, December 30, 2022

Goddamn Hacking

I'm still getting over the flu that my sister gave to me that my brother gave to her that (presumably) my niece gave to him.  I, in turn, gave it to my brother- and sister-in-law, BTW.  We were all sick near the end of the vacation.  Another reason to hate long vacations with family: If someone is sick, eventually everyone gets sick.

And I'm still sick.  I don't have the joint aches, which is the flu at its worst for me.  But I still have the type of coughing where, out of nowhere, I spontaneously hack for a good five-to-ten seconds in an effort to get rid of phlegm that might be in the bottom of my lungs.  The last time I think I hacked this badly was my first winter at my current job.  I think it lasted a month.  It got so bad that my supervisor at the time told me to wear a mask while keying.  I don't think my co-workers got what I got.  Hmmm, maybe masks do work!

But I finally get to wake up when I want to -- not just tomorrow but Sunday as well.  If I drink some generic NyQuil/knockout juice (damn, that stuff is effective) and let my body wake up when it is ready, maybe I'll get rid of these coughing fits once and for all this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment