Saturday, December 17, 2022

And My Limit With My Family Ended On Day ... 2 Or 3

The stress over planning my sister's graduation, along with my parents bringing up, "So when are you going to get a girlfriend?" followed up by "So when are you going back to school?" did it for me.  Probably didn't help my cause that my sister was running around all day doing chores including picking up My Asshole Brother and his family; not a great time to ask her to pick her up from the beach.

But upon further reflection, it's My Fucking Mother.  She turned on the batshit crazy late.  After dinner, and after I sent her an edited video of one of my sister's graduation ceremonies, she was complaining that I sent her the same, unedited and raw video that included the person before her (a friend of my sister's) getting lauded.  I told her to look at the next video down from the raw one.  It was right on her fucking phone screen.  Then, later, she told me to pick up a duffel bag and a backpack, both of which were gifts from my sister and both packaged in these super-small plastic bags, off of the Murphy bed she and Father are sleeping on now, and for no good goddamn reason, she blurts out, "Why are you taking two bags?"  And honestly, I think I muttered, oh so silently, "Shut up."  (Oh, and another thing: My brother-in-law was about to sit down when he hesitated at the dining room table, and without anyone asking her, she goes, "Sit down -- are you stupid?")

A dozen more days of this bullshit.  And I haven't even laid eyes on that waste of space called my brother.  I continue to insist there's a non-zero percent chance somebody from this party is going to die.

---

Oh, BTW, I know that this is Saturday, and therefore I should have a Weekly Minnesota Sports Survey up and running.  But who am I kidding: I'm too busy dealing with the stress of family on vacation to do one.  It ain't happening.  And I doubt I'll have one for next Week either.  Sorry -- it is what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment