Thursday, December 15, 2022

Traveling Ain't Getting Any Easier

From the time I woke up to, uh, approximately the time I finished dinner at my sister and brother-in-law's place, I was up 22 hours.  And I think I was up all those 22 hours.  Napping at LAX didn't work, and I had an hour to try and conk off.  And on none of the three trips was I able to pass out.  I had a whole row to myself on my last flight out to here.  Tried laying down for, well, first an hour (I think) and then another ten minutes (I think) before I had to sit up and buckle my seat belt.

As I've posted before, I get very upset when I'm tired.  I certainly was that yesterday, and I feel as though I take it worse than other people.  Sure, I had a long trip here, consisting of three flights.  But with every passing minute when I couldn't pass out, I could feel the tension and anger and temper rise inside me.  It's not a good feeling.  And I feel as though that, as much as I have complained about it in the past, it's not getting any better now as I get older.  The travel probably is hitting me worse, in fact.

So even though I slept for only about 6 1/2 hours on a mattress that was not filled up (I think I slept with my side hitting the floor) and I got woken up by Father offering me coffee, I feel much, much better.  And now I only have to worry about the house, in the middle of a snowstorm, while I sit in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment