Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Can't Believe I Paid Thirty-Five Fucking Dollars For This Ticket

I can't keep doing this.

First, $150 at the strip club.  Then $50-plus for the Twins game (at least we won.)

But now I go to the So You Think You Can Dance show tonight.  I thought the same thing would happen that happened for last year's tour in St. Paul: I would walk not too long around the building, find a woman offering tickets, and I'd get them at a serious discount.

Not so here.  Walked across the front of Target Center, found nobody.  So I had to across the street to the Hard Rock Cafe corner where a scalper was riding me hard for a lower-level seat.  He went from $60 to $50 to $40 to finally $35.  Geez, I don't know, especially after shelling out fitty bones for the game.  But it was about to be 7 and I wanted to get in, and I didn't find anybody else.  OK, you made $25 off of me, scalper, but you win.

So of course as I walk in, I see a woman waving a printed-out ticket asking me, "Need one?"  Goddamn, where the hell were you when I needed you?

And I took my seat.  It was off to the side, so I decided to move to another one, farther away but straight on to the front of the semi-circle stage put in the middle of the arena.  Why aren't we starting yet?  It's 7:05 but all I'm seeing are music videos.  Oh no, it can't be.  I look at the ticket; it starts at 7:30.

Of course that's why there were no people who just wanted to get rid of their tickets -- it was too goddamn early.  I could have waited till 7:20, then paced around the front of the building.  There would have been tons of people needing to unload their unused tickets, and then I could've gotten in at a much more reasonable price.  I mean, I liked the show, but $35 like?  Sorry, I can't.

And now I need to cut back on something else just to make for overpaying.  Maybe not go to the strip club tonight.  Or not go to the house party this weekend in hopes of getting my pee-pee touched.

Why am I so stupid?

No comments:

Post a Comment