Friday, June 21, 2013

Can't Eat At My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place, At Least Not During The Hot Months

Ate at My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place Sunday and Monday this week, and I was reacquainted with the fact that mosquitos bite me in there.  I love the food, but during the summer (and really in the spring and fall as well) I leave with at least a few insect bites and scratch myself all over the place.

Monday made it crystal clear to me.  I left with a bite on each arm.  I thought I got a little more tolerant of insect bites, but I've scratched it enough since that the bites have turned into red welts.

I, however, tried to brave it one more time.  I wanted to watch ESPN's coverage of Game 7 of the NBA Finals.  (Hell of a game, and a series, huh?)  The only place I know I could listen was the TV at the Late-Night Italian Place, so I decided to brave it one more time -- but this time, I'd be ready: I brought bug spray with me.  So before I went -- I decided to start work on my NBA Finals article at Caffetto before having a bite to eat -- I sprayed myself down.  They'd never bite me now, those skeeter bastards!

Welp, they did.  Just as I was finishing up I felt this twinge on my back.  Oh, shit.  Then I felt the urge to itch on the back of my shoulders.  Then I remembered: The damn things can bite me through my clothes!!!

How do they do that?  Well, maybe I have to look at this from a mosquito's perspective.  Not that they are bloodthirsty, though they technically are.  It's just that they don't see a shirt; they see strands of fabric, and if you look closely enough, I think you can see spaces inbetween from which to touch down and suck my blood.  Fuck me.

So now I can't go this place until November???  I'm annoyed by all the scratching I need to do, so, yeah, I guess so.  At least I can save money that way, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment