Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Car's Done, And I Think I Am Too

OK.

Got back to the mechanic.  He did the pressure test and drove it around the block -- nothing.  I drove it to my evening job, and just before I get there the temperature spikes.  Well of fucking course this would happen after the mechanic looks at it.

Able to baby it to work.  Cross my fingers that it'll make it home, so I can go back to The Other Mechanic Around The Corner and drop it off Saturday.  Doesn't make it.  In fact, I was barely able to get the car into a gas station parking lot before the temperature gauge hit red.  Or, maybe it did.  I don't know.  FUCK!!!

Took the next two hours seeing if the temp gauge would behave, but every time it would go up above that mid level and I would stop the car.  Waited for the tow truck to arrive, and even though he was surprised at how many calls he had, he finally got to me at around 12:30.  Five minutes to latch my piece of shit to the back of his tower, five minutes to get to The Other Mechanic Around The Corner, and I was done.

To the good side: Thank you and Buddha Bless You, Terry and T.J.  You guys are angels.  I mean that.

To the bad side: There is something seriously, seriously wrong with the car now.  I have repaired it a lot, but this one feels different.  Now, when I start the car, there is some serious dragging to it, like ... well, like I did severe damage to the engine.  The last couple times I couldn't even turn it on.  Man, I hope I didn't do that because I didn't turn it off in time.  If I had only stopped sooner. ...

I think this is it.  I love this car, but it is costing me too much money and time.  This might be the point where I start to hate it, and at that point it is quite easy for me to part with the only car I know.

I'll wait until The Other Mechanic Around The Corner checks it out, but I really, really think I need to move on.  Because I can't take this bullshit with my car anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment