Friday, May 29, 2015

Passing Along The Panic

So I wake up with a bevy of messages through many of the communication apps on my phone, all of them at the prompting of Mother, who wanted to get ahold of me whenever my parents are trotting around the world.  If you can tell they were in a panic, the series of messsages on WhatsApp and the missed calls through Viber (I thought Viber was passe?), and the late night hours when they were transmitted was your evidence.  To which I can only say, Hey, I had two beers last night and I am a working stiff and I was asleep.

They needed to know a bus schedule; just sent them the information.  Whether or not that stops Mother from panicking, I don't know.  Meanwhile, I am panicking because my ATF, ***e*, apparently is in the wind.  I need to set up a time for her to come up and clean my house before my parents arrive back home, and I tried both Messenger and plain old text, and I haven't heard from her yet.  This woman changes phones like she changes panties, but at some point she would get back to me if I need to transact money, like I do now.  Where the hell is she?  I don't know, but I'm freaking out -- and unlike Mother, my freaking out is justified.

You know, I think that sometimes my panicking over not getting the information I need when I think I need it gets me into problems.  Like The Asshole at the flu biller place.  Was he offended/pissed off because he took me not knowing what I need to do but feeling something needs to be done right away as "bossing him around?"  Could be.  But fuck him.  He's an asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment