Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What Do You Mean I Can't Be Generous?

So I have this annual tradition at the test scoring place where I bring in donuts for the entire room.  Just want to be nice, and I think bringing in donuts is a good morale booster.

Well, this new room ... well, the guy running it says that they prefer small wrapped candy.  Or at least that's what I think he said.  Just to confirm, yesterday before I went I spoke to my supervisor.  And he said that, indeed, baked goods are something they would rather not have for the room.

What?  No donuts?  What the hell?  Who doesn't want donuts?  I don't know if he's cagey as to why, but my supe said that it's a new rule starting this year.  Or something.  And then he walked away.

Honestly, I don't get this room.  On the one hand there are a lot of things that you can do here that weren't allowed in my previous project.  But on the other hand there are these bizarre and draconian rules that seem to make a big deal out of nothing, and (in my opinion) contribute to this hostility that lingers over the room.  I real don't understand the issue with bringing in donuts, and my supervisor may or may not agree.  But the bottom line is my tradition of bringing them is apparently has to end this year.  Whatever.

The next thing I need to worry about is when this project is over.  It could end the end of this month, it could end next week.  I have no idea, because the guy running it either isn't going to say or has said it in such a mush-mouthed manner that I don't understand.  And this is a place I am going to right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment