Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Two Supes

OK, so there are several supervisors we turn to for advice if we have any questions.  My supe is great, even though I'm pretty sure he wants to choke the life out of me for asking too many questions and being a weirdo at least twice a day.  A few are great, one has talked to me once, and one that doesn't talk to me, which I find strange and, well, she contributes to the vague hostility in the air that makes this project not like the comfort of the project I was in before.

So this afternoon I'm raising my hand because this paper's bugging me.  This supe breaks her spell at looking at her computer and joins all the other supervisors in helping us test people.  Surprised.  I show her the paper in question, to which she replies, "Does it show a connection or a change?"  And it doesn't, but I still though that there was enough there to not completely fail the paper.  I just wasn't able to articulate it.  But by the time I was ready to say something, I look back at her ... and she was walking away.  The fuck?  COME BACK HERE!!!  I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!!!

You know, I have to work at this project, so I can't do what I really want to do, which is to confront her and then throw stuff at her.  And, hey, she did at least get up to answer my question, which is a hell of a lot more than she's done for me before.  But damn, that was rude and weird and dumb.

---

OK, now the big boss man ... I don't know where he's at sometimes.  We trained in a way I had never done before.  I didn't get it, and neither did the people around me, and I'm sure many people in the room were confused.  I understand that he thought that it'd be better this way, and he also knows that a lot of this training is compulsory anyway, but man, I wish he'd just slow down a bit.

Later, I had a coughing fit and he told me not to choke myself to death.  See, he's funny like that.  So there are times where I don't know what the hell he's doing, and then the next minute he's really cool.  (sigh) I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I just wish that he could organize things that way I'm used to.  And you know what?  I think the vast majority of people in the room like him too, yet also wish he would be more organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment