Sunday, May 17, 2015

Is It The Car Or Is It The Soccer?

What I have been doing the past couple weekends have been quite enjoyable.  Don't exactly know when or what prompted it, but ever since I got my new car, I have gone to downtown Minneapolis early Saturday and Sunday to watch English Premier League soccer.  Possibly because I have found a heretofore undiscovered thirst for Bloody Marys, I have left the soccer viewing very, very sleepy.  I then proceed to my car, in which I have erected the windshield visor.  That usually keeps all of the sunlight out, when then keeps the car relatively cool -- sleeping weather.  And since this is the weekend, and in downtown Minneapolis where there's no one around, I crawl into the passenger-side seat and take a nap.


I've done it for the past three or four weekend days now, and it's fantastic.  I thought being able to sleep in for at least an hour or during the weekend helps me catch up on my sleep debt, but I guess my body soon gets tired because of the vodka in the Bloody Mary.  After about 20 or 30 minutes I feel so rejuvenated that I can get through the rest of my day, which isn't too stressful because it's the weekend.


I wonder if the new car helps.  It's not as roomy as the old car, and the seat is very arched, so that whenever I fully recline and lay down, the middle of my spine thrusts out unnaturally.  Nevertheless I have received incredibly restful naps.  Maybe the arched seat the lack of room is good for naps?  Or maybe it's something else?  Or maybe it's the car?  Or maybe I'm feeling so tired because of the alcohol?


Kind of did something different today.  Parked at a bar's parking ramp, so I don't think I could've just crawled into my car and slept there.  Instead I went to Burger King to put non-alcoholic stuff in me.  But I was still tired by the time I got to BK, so seeing the parking lot largely empty, I turned off the car and, in the driver's seat, reclined it and closed my eyes.  Fifteen-to-twenty minutes later I came to.


Napping is awesome.  Unfortunately it does come with a price, an actual one.  I love going to watch soccer in pubs, I really do.  But this is one of the things I talk about when complaining about money going through my fingers.  This is eating out, a lot.  Heck, did I really need Burger King after eating a Bloody Mary and a sandwich this morning?  Probably not, but what's done is done.  And I really shouldn't complain because I am going to catch Game 7 of the series between the Houston Rockets and the Los Angeles Clippers shortly after this at a bar, where I will drink and probably eat.


You know, there's an art show going on this weekend and I have a few acquaintances who are participating.  I should be going to there, instead of rooting around the Internet and catching up on expenses, or watching sports on TV, or falling asleep in a car after watching soccer.  Choices, choices. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment