Monday, May 18, 2015

Wasted Time

Well, when I talk about how busy I am where I can't do the things I want to, at the time when I bitch about not having the time to do said things, I have to think about times like this evening, and really all Sunday evenings during the summer months, where I really could have gotten out of my ass and done stuff, but didn't.

After dinner I went into my bedroom and watched 60 Minutes.  I would've watched The Simpsons, but I got so sleepy that I fell asleep around 6:45, only to wake at 8:15.

Here I came upon a crossroads.  There was nothing on TV I wanted to watch, so that left me with a lot of time on my hands.  I could've blogged on the Internet, caught up with reconciling my day planner, even read some of the magazines I have lying about.  Shit, I could've taken a shower.  Did I do any of that?  No.  I was tooling on my smartphone while listening to Sunday Night Baseball on the radio.  That whiled me away through 10 o'clock, where I finally decided to get up ... and change my clothes before lying back down on my bed.

I'm a lazy guy.  I admit it.  But I haven't even crawled back into bed and I already feel guilty about not doing something sooner.  And now it's too late because I have to go to bed now.  Fuck me.

No comments:

Post a Comment