Friday, May 8, 2015

Fucking Traffic

While I like the job, I abhor the commute.  It has always been a long one, but right now, because there is construction on what would be the quickest route to the test scoring place, it takes me, at best, 50 minutes to get there and often takes, at worst, an hour.

And it's a slow hour too, if you know what I mean.  I would much prefer driving 50 minutes if I was actually driving those 50 minutes instead of 40 minutes if much of it was stop-and-go traffic.  That might sound crazy, but I keep thinking that whenever I'm not moving on a highway.

It was the worst yesterday morning.  I looked at Google Maps and it suggested a different route than one I've driven yet this year.  I tried that and instead got sucked into more three choke points.  It took me -- hand to Buddha -- a goddamn hour to get to work.  Never taking that route again.  Google Maps, you had better update faster.

Right now I'm thinking about not going back to the flu biller place, but at least I can say that the commute there is manageable and predictable.  I can't much more of this hour-long traffic bullshit and stumbling into work 10 minutes late all the time.

So from now on I guess I'm going to just go the one route I have usually gone, suffered through the one big choke point heading into downtown, and pray I make it in time.  Of course, making it to work on time would probably be helped by me leaving at an earlier hour.  So, off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment