Sunday, December 13, 2009

Customers' Christmas Shopping Rudeness Today

Went to Best Buy to talk to the guys at Geek Squad about wireless configuration.  While I was getting help from a worker, the worker next to him asks what I presume is a guy waiting behind me, "Can I help you?"  I never turned around, but this guy stared at what I believe was this person for a while.  Didn't hear a word.  Turned around and saw no one in the area where the worker was looking at.

I assume there was someone there waiting in line and he just decided to leave.  No, "no, I'm good" or "Ah, never mind?"  What an asshole.

Then I went to LensCrafters to debate whether I wanted to ask if they took insurance for new lenses.  I saw a worker talk to a guy wearing a Niners pleather jacket.  While she's in the middle of answering his question, I see him abruptly walk away from her and leave the store.  No goodbyes or excuse mes, he was looking at her while she was talking to him and he just turned around and walked away.  I give her the same look I gave the Geek Squad guy: "What the fuck is a matter with him?"

I'm no fan of customer service because oftentimes they suck.  But I don't like rudeness regardless of where it comes from, and today, possibly because we're in the middle of Christmas shopping season, it was coming from regular customer assholes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment