Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Happy Ending To The Snowblower Incident

Tried to get the fuckin' snowblower to work again today, but couldn't.  So I had a long shovel ahead of me.

Dumping snow down the driveway, I saw an apparition.  It was my sister's best friend, checking up on us.  She helped me look over the snowblower.  We tried some things, and by God, it worked!

And then it didn't.  This heavy, wet snow just slayed the big-ass snowplow we have.  This thing was slowly oozing logs of slush out of the chute instead of projectile-vomiting it.  Soon it got stuck and stopped spinning/auguring; a few more seconds of trying to get it to go and throw snow and it began to smoke.  After a few more stalls, I gave up.  I can't believe this hulking monster of a snow thrower couldn't do the job while my sister's best friend's snowblower, a tiny little thing, was making its way up and down my driveway.  In fact, she plowed the driveway.  I was using the plastic clear-out tool after she got done.

Now I need to figure out why it didn't start in the first place -- was it the spark plug, not enough gasoline, not enough oil, I need to plug it in longer, plug it in for less time, what?  And what is this about the blades not spinning?  Is it because of, like, the spark plug wire or is it something more serious?  All of this I need to solve before the next snowstorm.

Even though I should keep this blog's focus on how my life sucks, thank Buddha my sister's best friend came around to bail my ass.  I don't think I can ever repay her.

No comments:

Post a Comment