Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Heart Was Broken Tonight

Went to a burlesque show after the volleyball matches tonight.  One stripper I know told me she was in the troupe and invited me.  She's cute -- petite, almond-shaped eyes, sexy as hell and nice to talk to.  And I'm serious, her act as an acrobat is the best part of the show, hot girls stripping included.

Tonight was the third time I went to her company's show.  It was three sets instead of two, and it was really, really cold outside, so I decided to leave early.  She saw me, kissed me on the cheek and said hi.  She's awesome.  She understood that I wanted to take off before her second performance in the third act.  She's so awesome I know I would feel guilty if I pulled out my dick on her the next time I see her at her place of work.

I was watching an act on the side of the house closer to the exit.  She was there talking to a friend.  Or, maybe more than a friend.  While there was a puppeteer onstage, this "friend" started rubbing her neck and gliding his hand down her back.  Oh shit, she has a boyfriend.  That breaks my heart.  Come on, how can a stripper have a boyfriend?

And yet she saw me and walked back to me and thanked me for coming.  That may be just good business relations, but it's the right thing to do and it works.  I just feel bad that she, uh, has somebody.

This reminds me of arguably not only the most underrated animated film in recent times, but one of the most underrated films in recent times, period: Disney's The Hunchback Of Notre Dame.  There was one scene near the end where Igor saves the love of his life, only to see her run to her Prince Charming.  Igor slinks back into the bell tower, wondering why his expression of true love was rejected so coldly.  And his gargoyle friends basically say that you should love someone even if they don't love you back.  That is the most grown-up lesson I've ever heard in a movie, and it's a children's movie.

Remembering that, I'm now not so sad that she has another.

No comments:

Post a Comment