Sunday, December 27, 2009

More Snow Trouble -- Now It's Ice!

It was still snowing a bit today/yesterday/Saturday, but not enough to concern me.  My snowplow (when it works) can plow just this type of snow just fine but the amount's so tiny I shouldn't be using it.

No, I now have another problem: rocky ice.  It's the precipitation that fell not exactly as ice Christmas Day, but froze come Christmas Night.  And the city was so helpful in plowing all that shit onto the base of our driveway just before it hardened.  So I woke up Saturday with this huge mound of rocks I needed to drive over.  And I did -- but not before tearing off the bottom of my car.  Fuck, I have to go get it reattached again.

I have spent the past few days using an ice scraper/breaker/chipper to get that removed, but it's difficult.  You can't shovel that because it's virtually stuck to the pavement, and it ain't easy getting under that whole pile to uproot it.  Compounding all that is the heavy, wet snow, which means I have to carry all that and tax my heart some more.  I've got it down to small mounds, but I'm so sore I'm going to leave it at that.

Aside: Everything that was wet is now ice hard.  Funny to not only see these rocks I have to scrape off the driveway, but to throw them onto my lawn.  They don't pock through the snow; since it's hard, they bounce off of it, like a hardwood floor.  Cripes!

No comments:

Post a Comment