Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Horrible Case Of Medicine Advertising

I watch the evening news a lot.  I might be the youngest person to watch the evening news.

Two things that are getting annoying.  First, they all break at the exact same time.  Don't know if their research indicates that's the best way to keep ratings or if there's an unspoken code that whatever viewers each network has each network keeps by going to commercial at the same time.  But I want news, and three times a half-hour I don't get it.

The other thing, however, is worse: all the drug commercials.  All those stupid ads with the narrator rattling off a long list of warnings.  That's it's been around for a decade doesn't make it less weird.

But worst of all is what happened on Monday, I believe.  My worst nightmares came together.  All three network news programs broke for the final time in the evening ... and they all aired the same goddamn ad at the same time.  It was fucking unreal.  Swear to God, I've seen the same spot (and I will not name the drug; they don't deserve more attention) on two of the networks at once, but the time I switched to the third channel and saw it again, I thought I didn't change the channel.  But I checked ... all three channels were showing the same fucking thing.

You fucking kidding me?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment