Saturday, December 5, 2009

What Happened To Walgreens?

I needed to get medicine for My Father and for some reason it wasn't ready and he couldn't get it by himself.  Whatever.

I drive through to pick up some Ambien for him.  Assistant girl first said they put the Ambien back because no one got it for a week.  Bullshit.  First of all, my father's an addict.  He'd be jonesing for it so much that he would camp out at the Walgreens before it opened to get it.  And you have our contact number.  If no one got the medicine, why the fuck wouldn't you call?

After she needed to talk to her pharmacist boss, she came back and told me I could get the Ambien, but I'd have to pay $200.  I've actually been told this by this Walgreens before, so I said hell no.  So then this lazy bitch tells me I should ask if my dad could ask his doctor to get him a prescription for a generic.  Isn't that your fucking job?  She kind of said that they'll do all they can.  Again, whatever.  I leave.

I have to say that Father wasn't that helpful either.  That night he told me that it wasn't Ambien but, in fact, a generic that he's supposed to get.  Why the fuck couldn't you tell me that earlier?

Confused, I called Walgreens the next day.  I got the pharmacist who sounded either like he didn't want to work there or was stoned out of his goddamn mind.  I asked him questions about what specifically the "script" said for my dad, and he mumbled, literally mumbled, that maybe they needed to check with the doctor in case they fucked something up.  Of course you did, sir.

So I called again a couple days later.  I got a similarly somnabulant idiot on the phone.  Asked her if Father's sleeping pills are ready to pick up.  The line goes completely silent before she stammers out of her mouth a "Yes."  Seriously, you cannot say "yes" quieter or more unintelligible than this dumbfuck.  But it cost only $11 for this bastard Ambien.

Really, Walgreens close to my house, fuck you and your fucked customer service.  You people don't give a shit, but it's too goddamn bad because you deal with medicine -- you know, stuff people rely on to live.  If you're, like, a carnival worker, I probably can't say much.  If you're a blogger, no one can really touch you on your behavior.  But if you're dispensing pills, maybe you want to take act just a tad more courteous when dealing with your customers.  And call them when they're goddamn pills are ready, like you're supposed to.  And fucking speak up like a normal person.

My fucking God, I think I'll have to change where I get my medicine from.

No comments:

Post a Comment