Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Last week I scheduled an appointment for "work" on Monday because my "boss" says we can't meet on Friday because they're renovating her workplace. I need the money. Bad.

Then I learned Sunday that a snowstorm's coming in. Not as bad as last week's eight-incher (?), but enough where I'd have to plow. Shit. And since this was scheduled to be at 11 Monday, I'd have to wake up at 9, an hour earlier than planned. But I need the money. Bad.

Shouldn't have stayed up to write that article, but I did. Fell asleep around 5:30. At this point, in my mind, I didn't know if I could get up so early. I also didn't know if I really, really wanted to go to work now. So I gave myself an out: I set up the alarm on my phone but not the clock, so it'd be easier to ignore if I (actually, my body) decided to not really care about "work."

I open my flip phone to turn off the alarm at 9 and give myself a few minutes. Next thing I know I told myself to wake up. I look at my phone again; it was 10:45. Felt incredibly shitty to make my "boss" schedule an appointment when I didn't even bother to show up. And I still needed the money. Bad. But, immature brat that I am, I chalk it up to the snowstorm. If I didn't have to plow it, I'd wake up at 10 and I'd feel as fresh as a daisy and able to get to work. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment