Sunday, December 6, 2009

Went to roller derby tonight.  Guy sat next to me for a few minutes, then left.  He left a pack of cigarettes sitting on the chair next to me.  Hmmm.  They're expensive, so maybe I should take them.  It'd be a waste if I just left them, you know?

Put the box out while working on my laptop at the coffeehouse later this evening.  Cute girl whom I see working at the coffee shop takes my empty white hot chocolate cup and says, "Can I buy a cigarette from you?"

Here's my chance to spread some good karma: "You know, I don't smoke.  I went to a roller derby bout tonight.  You can take 'em."

Thanks and you're so awesome, etc.  I felt good to spread some good.  But now I wonder -- she did offer to buy a cig from me.  I thought no one would ask about the box I laid on my table, to be honest.  I thought I'd just ask the girls working if any of them wanted cigs.  But to be offered money ... should I have just sold her one?  When she thanked me for the box she told me she had no money, but come to think of it, I have no money either.  Maybe I should've just gone with it and taken the money.

This is why I am poor.  I just can't make money when I'm perfectly OK giving stuff away.

No comments:

Post a Comment