Friday, December 11, 2009

Thought I had to go to "work," but I didn't, and yet I got paid because my boss said she screwed up.  I got paid for nothing, but I have nothing to do for two hours.

Well, I now have time for a movie.  But should I make sure I just get the tickets the games tonight now?  They'll be open till 5.  What if there's a line?  Oh well, I thought, I need the walking.  So I go from my "job" to the ticket office, then my car.  It took a good 40 minutes.

When driving to the shopping mall about 10 minutes away, it was 2.  First game starts at 5.  I do want to get there a little early, and I don't want to pay for parking, so I have to shut off my car at ... 4?  What movies are out there that are only two hours long -- and starts a little after 2?  There was absolutely no way I could get to a movie after deciding to pick up my tickets now rather than just before the game.  Why did I even think I could?

Went immediately to the theater after reaching the mall, which is on the very other end of where I parked.  I wanted to see what I could've seen if I decided to head straight the movies.  They have those electronic signs that update after it's too late to see the previous screening, fucking technology.  So I went to the Apple store and looked it up instead.  If I got here a bit before 2 -- possible -- I could have seen The Fantastic Mr. Fox or The Princess And The Frog, both animated movies that critics say are really good.

Dammit, I made the wrong choice.  The only positive I can take from this is that I didn't spend $6.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment