Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Get Emotional After My Sports Teams Lose

Have I said that before? Well, maybe you could tell by how much I obsess with sports. Another instance of my body chemistry rapidly changing after the end of that glacial turd of a loss by the Los Angeles Minnesota Vikings reaffirms that.

I wanted to stay up, I really did. I didn't even see much of the game; after seeing Tarvaris Jackson fail to move the offense and the once-vaunted Vikings rush defense give up huge runs in the first half, I went from watching that to flipping between it and Skating With The Stars, then watching the Mariah Carey special and going back to the game during breaks (aside: "All I Want For Christmas" -- the new Christmas standard), to watching Hawaii Five-O the whole time. I had no reason to go back; not only were the Vikings not doing anything, besides those big runs, the New York Giants really weren't either. It was an abortion of a game for fans, Vikings', Giants', Lions' and neither all, at Ford Field in Detroit.

So with any mathematical hopes for this club to make the playoff officially gone -- they still had a chance! And Eli Manning loves to throw picks! -- I am officially pooped. It doesn't help that Letterman had the overrated, creepily amoral Ricky Gervais on as a first guest. I wanted to sleep because I got really, really tired after the loss. But Leno did have Mark Wahlberg, and then followed him up with the sexy-as-hell Olivia Wilde. Neither musical act floated my boat, but Fallon and his Christmas sweaters tided me over to Jessica Alba, who looked taller than I remember her.

Kimmel's monologue I now look forward to as much as I do Letterman's, and he didn't disappoint. However, even though I think Rachael Ray's deceptively sexy, I don't cook, so I don't quite care about the book she was plugging. I decided to stop fighting fatigue and called it a night when Kimmel said they were cooking.

Looking back at it, there were enough dead spots on last night's show that maybe I would've hit the hay even if the Vikings won. But I'm still down.

No comments:

Post a Comment