Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Penny Picked Up Off The Floor After Someone Dropped It, Looked At It, And Decided To Leave It Is A Penny Earned

So I was shopping at the Megamall with my sister and brother-in-law.  We separated.  I was at this sports-clothing store.

I walk in just as I see this woman fiddle with her purse and drop a penny on the floor.  Without spending too many seconds, she looks at it ... and then leaves.

Now, I understand that it's just a penny; having one won't pay for anything or make me a rich man.  I also know that there's been a lot of talk about abolishing the penny because it costs more to make than its given value.  But ... it's a penny!  It's legal American currency!!  Also, I'm just floored that she just gave it a glance before leaving it behind like it had absolutely no worth whatsoever.  She acted like it was a used-up piece of tissue she's leaving on the floor.  It's not!!!

So I broke my policy of never picking up a penny tails' side-up because it's bad luck and, about ten seconds after she left the store, picked it up.  No other customer in the store blinked an eye.  And I haven't had any bad luck yet.  Score one for me, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment