Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Woke up yesterday morning and I totally forgot about leaving the PCA timesheets out for Mother to sign.  It was important to me because me taking them, filling out the rest while at "work," then dropping them off at the mailbox next to the lab became a sort of routine for me, something that I needed to do and was able to do with some regularity.

Well, my time at "work" is coming to a close, at least for a while.  My boss says she'll need to digest all the data I've given her, and with all the other duties she has as well as having a personal life, she can't just keep me working straight through.  She said some time ago that there are an infinite number of things she can test my hearing on; it's just that she doesn't know where exactly to go until she analyzes what she has now.  So this is my last week until we have what I'd like to term a "sabbatical."

Which means that yesterday (Monday) would have been the last time I could put my PCA timesheets in the University of Minnesota mailbox.  It would've been a final time I did something right -- except I did it wrong because I didn't have the timesheets signed by Mother.

So now, not only did I pass up that routine, I now have to scramble and make sure she signs them in time for me to mail them to my supervisor before the weekend.  I still haven't gotten paid from Mother for last pay period's work, but I don't want to give her any reason to delay it this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment