Thursday, December 16, 2010

God Damn My Forgetfulness

Yesterday I was drinking coffee when my phone rang. It was Mother: "Did you get Father's pills yet?"

That's when I remembered that Father asked me the night before to get them. It went in one ear and out the other.

I was so distraught that I broke my promise to Grandmother to come back around 5 and instead to come back 45 minutes later. I've done that a lot of times, but I really meant it this time. And I lied.

---

Just now, my parents came home. I was upstairs trying to get dinner set. From downtstairs, Mother screams: "Did you make the deposit yet?"

That's when I remembered that she told me last night about the checks she wanted deposited. In one ear and out the other, again.

God damn my forgetfulness. I hate this about myself, I so do. They tell me to do something -- not out of spite, but just because they needed me to do it. And I forgot as quickly as I heard it. I so hate that about myself, so, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment