Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Vikings Make Me Depressed Again

Last week they pissed me off.  They did it again tonight.

Tonight, 29 years to the day of their last outdoor game, they have to play outdoors again because of the Dome.  And even though ESPN hyped the shit out of this game, and even with the added intrigue of Brett Favre coming back from his sprained whatever to start, and even with that scintillating first drive, where Favre marched the team down the field for their first score, the Vikes fold like a metal chair after Favre leaves the game.

They quit.  This team fucking quit.  Anybody who doesn't believe that is a fucking idiot.  As I've said before, there is nothing worse in sports than a veteran team that gets old fast.  That's what happened here.  The defense couldn't stop the run ... or the pass (seriously, a touchdown on 1st & 30???), and even with that Favre pick, which wasn't his fault, they were still in it.  But after #4 went out with that injury (in which he lay motionless on the floor just long enough for everybody in the Bank to feel sorry for him), everybody else on the team was like, "Well, that was fun while it lasted."  And then they mailed it in.

I wasn't as depressed as I was last week -- not because I learned from last week, but because I was preoccupied with the goddamn snowstorm we were having today and my sister and brother-in-law vacationing here.  But I'm still pretty pissed and depressed.  This will color my whole week.  And then they'll face Philadelphia and get the shit kicked out of them like a losing fighting dog ... and then they'll completely mail it in and lose at Detroit.  Well, at least they'll get a good draft pick.  Christ. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment