Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Haven't Had Time To Think About A Blog Post, So Here's A Thought About All The Christmas Chocolate I've Been Getting ...

A co-worker who works in the cubicle next to me gave me a chocolate this morning.  A big Lindor ... tuffle?  Ball?  Whatever it is, it's right next to my keyboard.

This comes a week after I bought gourmet chocolates for the floor, which was the same week this same co-worker brought in chocolate-covered biscuits (she had so many I polished off the last several just yesterday), which was a week after my temp agency dropped by to give chocolates as a Christmas gift.  Those chocolates are now at home, on my stairs, where I may or may not eat them before the end of 2016.

I got a lot of chocolates this year, a lot.  And while I'm grateful for all the free food, this glut of chocolates overwhelms me every year to the point where it's, like, Martin Luther King Day and I have these chocolates everywhere, and I have no idea when I'll eat them.  At that point the holidays are over, so I can't eat them because 'Tis the Season, and I figure that for that particular day, you know, I'll heat up a pizza, or go out to Hooters or something.  Then the chocolates will be left over for another day.

This reminds me of the time (did I blog about this?) that I finally dug this huge chocolate made in the shape of one of those early, huge cellphones out of my desk to eat.  I too got that from a temp job (it was from the people I was working with, not the agency), and it was so big I knew I couldn't eat it that day, so I just stuck it in my desk ... where it stayed for a decade or so.  (I swear I blogged about this.  And man, if I didn't, I should have.)  Hell, there are sticks of gum from more than ten years ago that are all over my bedroom that I haven't chewed on, mostly because I'm not a gum-chewer.  But I could be, so that's why I save them -- somewhere.  You know, when I was sick last week I looked it up and they said that chewing gum could reduce acid indigestion.

So, if worst comes to worst, I can eat those chocolates that my temp agency give me when I'm really hungry.  Which would be ... hopefully some time within the next decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment