Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My Parents Are Coming Home Today. I Know It

Um, I don't exactly know what happened to me, but around 10:30, a quarter to 11 I was kind of feeling tired toward the end of both the Adele special on NBC (can't believe I actually watched it, but I didn't mind -- damn, that woman can sing!) and the Monday Night Football game on the radio.  So I tucked myself into bed and closed my eyes, allowing what could happen next ... and then I looked at the watch I had beside me and it was 6:30 in the morning.  And I fell back asleep to be awakened a half-hour later.

I was rolling around in my bed, as usual when I don't want to get up in the morning, when I realized: My parents are flying back to the states today.  Which means only one thing: They might fly back home, all the way home, today.  And I could have picked up my things, but I instead watched TV and go to bed early.

They pulled this shit once before.  And I looked just now; they did it more than a year ago.  I thought they blindsided me after the New Year, but seeing that they came home and didn't tell me last December, that makes me think even more that one of them is going to text me, "We're here," and they'll be home when I get home, and My Fucking Father will explode on me because the house hasn't been cleaned since they left.

Wow.  I knew they were coming back from overseas, but now that I really think about it, and now that the day has come, I've been able to put two and two, and ... they're coming home today, I know it.  And I didn't prepare, at all.

Fuck me.

No comments:

Post a Comment