Wednesday, December 16, 2015

There Used To Be This Big, Yellow/Orange Thing Up Above Us, I Swear

You know what?  I don't think we've seen the sun in more than a week.  You know what else?  I miss it.  Yeah, me.  I've blogged about how much I love cloudy weather, and I do, but this is too much.

First of all, it's been so long since I've seen the sun that I think I forgot what it looks like.  Just this morning I looked down at my sunglasses case and realized I haven't cracked that case open and used my sunglasses in a long time, which means there hasn't been a sun against which I would need sunglasses to protect my eyes in a long time.  Second of all, I am really worried about getting Seasonal Affective Disorder.  At least it isn't cold, but still, day after day of dreary weather does take an emotional toll on you.  And I am sure that humans biologically need the sun -- to lighten up their mood, not just for the Vitamin D.  And finally, I don't worry about the sun this time of year because it is far from hot, so when I'm in my car, whether I'm sleeping or driving, I'm not sweating through my clothes the way I would in the summer.  A string of cloudy days this long in the summer I can more than tolerate.  A similar length of days now?  Uh, I am at my breaking point, I will admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment